Horstmann Financial and Insurance Services enjoys an unblemished reputation for service, integrity and reliability. Those qualities go back to 1958, when John E. Horstmann founded the company. Today, the Horstmann team is complemented by a local support staff made up of friendly, competent, licensed individuals. Horstmann Financial follows the missions and Code of Ethics held by its close associations.
ChFC / CLU Professional Pledge
"In all my professional relationships, I pledge myself to the following rule of ethical conduct: I shall, in light of all conditions surrounding those I serve, which I shall make every conscientious effort to ascertain and understand, render that service which, in the same circumstances, I would apply to myself."
The Eight Canons:
I. Conduct yourself at all times with honor and dignity.
II. Avoid practices that would bring dishonor upon your profession or The American College.
III. Publicize your achievements in ways that enhance the integrity of your profession.
IV. Continue your studies throughout your working life so as to maintain a high level of professional competence.
V. Do your utmost to attain a distinguished record of professional service.
VI. Support the established institutions and organizations concerned with the integrity of your profession.
VII. Participate in building your profession by encouraging and providing appropriate assistance to qualified persons pursuing professional studies.
VIII. Comply with all laws and regulations, particularly as they relate to professional and business activities
To be a valued, member-driven international network of leading insurance and investment financial services professionals/advisors who serve their clients by exemplary performance and the highest standards of ethics, knowledge, service and productivity.
MDRT's Code of Ethics
As a member of teh Million Dollar Round Table, I am ever mindful that complete compliance with the observance of the Code of Ethics shall serve to promote the highest quality standards of membership. These standards will be beneficial to my clients as well as the entire life insurance industry.
Therefore we, John E. Horstmann, CLU, ChFC & John H. Horstmann, CLU pledge to:
- Always place the best interest of my clients above my own direct or indirect interests.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional competence and give the best possible advice to clients by seeking ot maintain and improve my professional knowledge, skills and competence.
- Hold in the strictest confidence, and consider as proveleged, all business and personal information pertaining to my clients' affairs.
- Make full and adequate disclosures of all facts necessary to enable my clients to make informed decisions.
- Maintain personal conduct which will reflect favorably on the life insurance industry and the Million Dollar Round Table.
- Determine that any replacement of a life insurance or financial product must be beneficial for my client.
- Abide by and conform to all provisions of the laws and regulations in the jurisdicitions in which I do business.
The mission of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors is to advocate for a positive legislative and regulatory environment, enhance business and professional skills, and promote the ethical conduct of our members.
NAIFA Code of Ethics
Those engaged in offering insurance and other related financial services occupy the unique position of liaison between the purchasers and the suppliers of insurance and closely related financial products. Inherent in this role is the combination of professional duty to the client and to the company as well. Ethical balance is required to avoid any conflict between these two obligations.
Therefore, I Believe It To Be My Responsibility:
- To hold my profession in high esteem and strive to enhance its prestige.
- To fulfill the needs of my clients to the best of my ability.
- To maintain my clients' confidences.
- To render exemplary service to my clients and their beneficiaries.
- To adhere to professional standards of conduct in helping my clients to protect insurable obligations and attain their financial security objectives.
- To present accurately and honestly all facts essential to my clients' decisions.
- To perfect my skills and increase my knowledge through continuing education.
- To conduct my business in such a way that my example might help raise the professional standards of those in my profession.
- To keep informed with respect to applicable laws and regulations and to observe them in the practice of my profession.
- To cooperate with others whose services are constructively related to meeting the needs of my clients.